Tagged By Dubai JazzApril 14, 2007
Thanks to the the blogger Dubai Jazz for handing me the Thinking Blogger award! I’m not sure what to say! My blog is relatively new, and for me to get the attention from someone in the U.A.E. is a little surprising, I must say. Anyway, here are the kind words posted by Jazz about my blog:
3- ChenZhen’s Chamber:
I’ve been lurking at this blog for quite sometime. It is owned and maintained by ChenZhen; an American from Minnesota. He probably doesn’t know me at all, I actually can’t even remember how I stumbled across his blog. His ‘main course’ is politics: analysing news from Iraq, compiling queer and off-stream stories from here and there, all embellished with smart (and sometimes humorous) commentary
Yep, that pretty much pegs me. Thanks for the nod!
Here’s the idea behind the award:
The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn’t fit your blog).
For #3, I made a custom blue tint version to match the decor, and linked to the origin instead of this post.
So….here are my 5 recipients (in no particular order):
- Another trip to The Peoples Republic Of Halliburton -This is a new blog for an American soldier stationed in Iraq. He isn’t afraid to speak his mind, and seems to check his site fairly regularly. I discovered Ed when he posted a comment in one of my entries on Iraq. All comments welcome.
- Moonbattery – This is the home of the righty blogger who goes by the handle ‘Van Helsing’. I have to admit, even though I disagree with just about everything Van posts, the guy sure is witty. That, and he does seem to be right on top of anything and everything ‘moonbat‘. This site has been featured here in the Chamber in the past.
- House of Chin– Another conservative, Chin keeps on top of a lot of current developments in the arena of American politics. I’m pretty sure I originally found him in the WordPress ‘new posts’ list. Anyway, it looks like he’s backing Fred Thompson for president on ’08, so I’m interested to see his take on everything as the election date approaches and the politicians do their thing.
- Lords of Apathy – This is the home to a slew of bloggers (most clever name goes to Snickerdoodles McPoppycock), and the site mostly features a lot of weird/offbeat news, videos and images, accompanied by some pretty humorous commentary. I was actually turned on to the site by a coworker, who is also a contributor to LoA.
- Operation Yellow Elephant – Another blog with a group of contributors, this site is dedicated to telling the story of conservatives and GOPers who are enthusiastic about war, as long as someone else is fighting it. They call on all able-bodied Republicans who have voiced support for this war to drop what they’re doing and enlist in the military, and acknowledge them (positively) when they do. This blog addresses the question of whether it’s appropriate to call for an action that will result in the deaths of thousands of people while having no intention of personally joining the cause. Is the ‘chickenhawk‘ argument valid? You decide.
There you have it. Congrats to the 5 recipients! I certainly visit a lot of blogs, but I chose these 5 because they immediately came to mind as blogs that have inspired me to post something, somewhere, at some point in time. In other words, they made me think.